New Year’s Day is the day to make New Year’s Resolutions and a start fresh!
It is a reset button for every Contractor business on January 1st of every year!
The previous tax year ends on December 31st.
Final expenses for December will be coming in by email or US Mail.
What to focus on to make the New Year more prosperous than ever...
What is New?
- What is The Plan?
- What is Next Target?
- Did you meet Last Years Goals?
- What is Different From Last Year?
- Is there anything you Plan On Changing?
Did You Take The Polar Challenge?
- “Polar Challenge” has a whole new meaning when someone says “Go Jump In The Lake.”
- Many look at the Polar Challenge as a way to cleanse the body and have a fresh start to the New Year.
- Others yet just want to do something fun and wacky with their friends.
New Year’s Resolutions I have ever seen have been was all about doing More of This and Less of That
- To Have More Things or To Reduce The Stuff You Already Have
- A To Do List and A I’m Going To Stop Doing That
- Plan to lose weight – Eat Less, Exercise More
- Go On Vacation or Have A Stay Vacation
- Make More Money – Cut Expenses
- Buy Something or Sell Something
- Dream of Winning The Lottery
- Plan Something Special
- Enjoy Your Day
- Enjoy Life
New Year’s Resolutions - Did You Make A List?
Keep It Simple. When making your New Year’s resolutions write them down. Even in the most general terms with a few details. Start with a few notes , outline or a brief memo. Resolutions should not be so detailed and complex that it becomes a chore you before you even get started. If you make it a Chore, then it will never get done. A project with too much detail becomes tedious, makes you frustrated, irritated and never gets done.
Maybe the New Year’s Resolution is the following: Be, Do, Have.
- Be Kind
- Do The Work
- Have Peace of Mind
Choose your own goals on what and how much details your New Year’s Resolutions should be.
If you want to write a full-blown “Business Plan” for your Contracting Company; put it on the list. For a very detailed oriented person; writing a business plan will easily become a complex report with graphs and charts.
For others, it is a big step to create New Year’s Resolution of more than three things. New Year’s Resolutions do not have to be big, long, or complex.
Your mind will think about your goals, fill in the blanks, guide you on the next thing to do.
- Answer the call
- Being available to [fill in the blank]
- Committing the time needed
- Doing the job or task
- Effortless seeing the next step
- Finding the solution to long and short term problems
- Going Forward and choosing the best option and not second guess it.
- Happy to be alive
I chat with Contractors every day. You tell me your stories. About your challenges in running a business, keeping up with the bookwork (accounting and bookkeeping). About estimating and bidding jobs, doing the work and collections from clients. Having or not having employees. Paying their taxes.
To help you – I have written your New Years Resolution for you:
Sharie’s New Year’s Resolutions For Contractors
- I want Gross Sales of [you fill in the blank] for the year
- I want a newer Truck and Equipment for my business
- I want to have nicer customers and to be nicer to those who are not nice to me
- I want to have this much money [you fill in the blank] to spend on a Family Vacation
- I want my spouse to work at an Outside Job only if she wants to [not because she has to]
- I want my family to be healthy and happy throughout the year
- I want Peace of Mind and to have Less Stress In My Life
- I want The Gift of More Time
- Time To Do The Things In My Life That I Want To Do
- Time To Be With The People To Whom I Want To Do Those Things
- Time To Do Nothing At All but Think and Enjoy the Peace and Quiet That Surrounds Me
Resolutions Are Personal - Do you post them somewhere or put them away?
For most of us, starting small and being successful is more positive than “Huge Ironclad Goals” that become a Daily Chore that deep down you know is unreachable.
Make Doing and Thinking about your Resolutions a moment of happiness. Your Life constantly changes. Sometimes it is a Walk, Sprint, A Quick Jog and for some, every day is A Marathon.
Life Happens. If you can separate out the Goals from The Wish List (Win The Lottery) then it is much easier to be happy. Yes, Buy a Lottery Ticket – You might win. The object is that you do not become obsessed with Winning The Lottery that you Must Buy a Lottery Ticket to every game every week.
Keep It Simple. Think Sports; Bask in Success of Win. Think about the Loss; then move on to Next.
- There is never a shortage of Next.
- Then Continue, Repeat.
- Shampoo sales increased when Marketing added “Repeat” to the bottle.
- Don’t spend a ton of time on What Did Not Happen and getting depressed.
- Your time is the most valuable commodity that you have.
- Think, Make a Decision, Move On.
Sometimes what didn’t happen is a good thing. Several “Oldies But Goodies” Country Songs come to mind. (About Yes, No, Staying or Moving On – key word is movement)
What can you Repeat to make 2017 a better year for you in Your Business Life and Your Personal Life?
Remember Bigger is not necessarily Better.
Enjoy your day.
We Remove Contractor's Unique Paperwork Frustrations
For Construction Company Owners who do not need the full power of a QuickBooks for contractors and want 24/7 online access we offer Xero Accounting Online and we have custom setup for construction companies. Click Here For More.
This Is One More Example of how Fast Easy Accounting is helping construction company owners all across the USA including Alaska and Hawaii put more money in the bank to operate and grow your construction company. Construction accounting is not rocket science; it is a lot harder than that and a lot more valuable to people like you so stop missing out! Call Sharie 206-361-3950 or firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule your no charge one-hour consultation.
Profitable Contractors and Construction Company owners have known about the value of outsourced bookkeeping services and contractor coaching services like ours for a long time and now you know about it too!
Thank You For Reading This Far And I Hope You Understand we really do care about you and all contractors regardless of whether or not you ever hire our services.
We Scan Your Receipts And Invoices link the appropriate transactions to QuickBooks or Xero Accounting Online depending on the construction accounting service you are using and provide ongoing Cloud Based Contractors Bookkeeping Services by accountants who understand construction.
Our Contractor Bookkeeping Services System Is A System
Thinking About Outsourcing Your Contractors Bookkeeping Services To Save Time And Money?
Click On The Button Below To Download A Free Guide
Need Help Now?
Call Sharie 206-361-3950
We Are Xero Accounting Experts Specializing In Construction Bookkeeping Services
About The Author:
Sharie DeHart, QPA is the co-founder of Business Consulting And Accounting in Lynnwood Washington. She is the leading expert in managing outsourced construction bookkeeping and accounting services companies and cash management accounting for small construction companies across the USA. She encourages Contractors and Construction Company Owners to stay current on their tax obligations and offers insights on how to manage the remaining cash flow to operate and grow their construction company sales and profits so they can put more money in the bank. http://www.fasteasyaccounting.com/sharie-dehart/ 206-361-3950 or email@example.com
PS: For The Do-It-Yourself Construction Bookkeeper Our Store Has Chock-Full Of QuickBooks Setup Templates, QuickBooks Chart of Accounts And More.
Most Contractors Setup QuickBooks Desktop Version In One Of Three Ways:
#1 EZ Step Interview inside QuickBooks Setup
#2 Asked Their Tax Accountant To Setup QuickBooks
#3 They Attended A How To Setup QuickBooks Class Or Seminar
And QuickBooks Does Not Work The Way They Want It Too!