Construction contractors like you are primarily in the "Hurry Up" and "Wait" zone.
- Hurry up and answer the call from the customer.
- Wait to make the appointment.
- Hurry up and get to the job.
- Wait for the customer to come home to be available.
- Hurry up and create the proposal.
- Wait for a decision.
- When the client says "Yes," it is - wait for the Job Deposit.
- Wait to Start The Job
This Hurry Up and Wait for activity makes it hard for the contractor to schedule other jobs. Many contractors only hold a place open for the client once a job deposit has been received.