- Refuse to invest time and money in continuing education because they know everything. They never learn anything new unless the company pays for the training and it is on the clock.
- Is passive aggressive and will study you and your staff to learn how to manipulate everyone, gaining power over you, your team, and new employees and outside suppliers.
- Hate change and will fight tooth and nail to stop it, or they will destroy your company.
- Know you're responsible for taxes, fines, penalties, and interest; so this is where they get even since they know how to increase your quarterly tax return costs, click here to learn more.
- Understand that bookkeeping is 90% repetitive transactions and 10% complex transactions. But they don't know what to do with complex transactions, so they put them wherever they feel like.
- Have side jobs working for other companies or an entire bookkeeping business on the side.
- Quit when the tax return is being prepared because QuickBooks is a mess and they're caught, and when they do quit or get fired, expect to hear: "Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done."
- Keep you busy with lots of mindless crap to divert attention from why the books are a mess and let you think you are in control of the bookkeeping and the bookkeeper until it is too late.
- Let the work expand to fill whatever time you are willing to pay them to get it done and train you to leave them alone by getting upset or angry whenever you want anything.
- Become indispensable to take time off whenever they please and hold you hostage. Also, negotiate for additional perks, benefits, changes, and elimination of personal accountability.
- Qualified construction accountant and construction bookkeeper with a passion for learning and expanding their skill set.
- Local based - if you're outsourcing and in the U.S., there are many off-shore and foreign services that may be cheaper but in most cases will cost your business more money in the long run.
- A professional office - not somebody's home where there are little or no controls on who has access to your contracting company records; including your competitors. You would be surprised if you knew how many contractor's spouses and significant others take on other contractors bookkeeping and the information about bids, estimates profit and loss find its way into your competitor's hands.
About The Author:
Randal DeHart, PMP, QPA is the co-founder of Business Consulting And Accounting in Lynnwood Washington. He is the leading expert in outsourced construction bookkeeping and accounting services for small construction companies across the USA. He is experienced as a Contractor, Project Management Professional, Construction Accountant, Intuit ProAdvisor, and QuickBooks For Contractors Expert. This combination of experience and skill sets provides a unique perspective which allows him to see the world through the eyes of a contractor, Project Manager, Accountant and Construction Accountant. This quadruple understanding is what sets him apart from other Intuit ProAdvisors and accountants to the benefit of all of the construction contractors he serves across the USA. Visit http://www.fasteasyaccounting.com/randal-dehart/ to learn more.
Our Co-Founder Randal DeHart - Is a Certified PMP (Project Management Professional) with several years of construction project management experience. His expertise is construction accounting systems engineering and process development. His exhaustive study of several leading experts including the work of Dr. W. Edward Deming, Michael Gerber, Walter A. Shewhart, James Lewis and dozens of others was the foundation upon which our Construction Bookkeeping System is based and continues to evolve and improve. Check out our Contractor Success Map Podcast on iTunes.
Access Code: FEAHEROS
Simply scan the QR code or search for ‘MyAccountants’ in the App Store and enter the Access code: FEAHEROS to utilize the powerful App features and capabilities, and benefit from having our Construction Accounting App at your fingertips, 24/7."
PS: Even if you are not a Construction Contractor you will find a plenty of benefits in the app so we invite you to download it too! It's Free so why not?